Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Mozart Does for ME.

It seems that I am always heartbroken. But that also means that I am perpetually in love...That is not to say that I am in love with any one thing, or any one person...I am though, forever in love with music and verse...I especially appreciate Mozart. Mozart's music is very personal to JUST ME. It doesn't remind me of anything, or anyone else but MY connection with THAT music. I have played Mozart's compositions for years....and I am in love with it. Frequently, when listening to Mozart (which by the way, helps me to forget about my latest heart broken "social" heartache---aka some man who has just crushed my crush on them), I will find my fingers playing the notes of the song, at the tempo of the music, on my steering wheel in my car, on the table next to me, or anywhere....I believe to anyone who cannot relate to what I am trying to convey...that is called "air piano"...I don't much care what it looks like...it enlivens my soul. I do it so automatically...play "air piano" I mean. In fact, there is this 10 second interval in an orchestral arrangement of a Mozart composition that I will frequently rewind just so I can listen to it over and over and over...It is JUST 10 seconds...I LOVE IT!! In that 10 seconds there is something about the combination of what the piano is doing, syncopated, but in complete harmony with the other instruments, that sends my creative subconscious into a whirlwind of total and utter soul-finding excitement. Yes, it really DOES that...can you believe it?? If there is any man who can identify with anything I just said...we are kindred spirits for sure!
Mozart calms my troubled mind, eases my broken heart, and brings peace to my soul, and I don't even know HOW his music manages to do it...it just happens. I don't NEED to know why... I am content with the outcome.

No comments: